James Hope College
currently occupies the site that was home to the Old Computer College, which exposed many citizens of Agbor and it environs to state-of-the-art technological equipment and processes.
The Founder’s rationale for starting James Hope College is predicated on affordable excellence. James Hope College offers world-class education for a subsidised fee because it is supported by a substantial endowment fund.
Our Founder, notes that, ‘The payback period for a solid education is a whole lifetime. The acquisition and development of a thirst for knowledge is the building block for any successful school. We face many challenges in today’s modern world and it is imperative that our youth are equipped with the knowledge, character and strength of purpose to navigate such trials. I am confident that the future alumni of James Hope College will have the integrity, wisdom and strength to be future leaders in whatever endeavours they pursue’.
Why choose James Hope College ?
There are many reasons why parents are keen for their children to gain entrance to James Hope College. One reason that sits high up on most lists is the ideal of affordable excellence.
Furthermore, at James Hope College we offer every child the opportunity to:
- Experience state-of-the-art academic and residential/boarding facilities
- Engage in specialist academic programmes in ICT/Entrepreneurial skills
- Continually challenged academically by our experienced Nigerian and Expatriate staff
- Have access to ICT, science laboratories, music, art and library facilities
- Students progress are tracked to ensure they attain their best academic results
- Be educated to international standards with our Nigerian-British curriculum
- Learn in spacious and conducive classes to aid accelerated learning
- Experience an extensive range of co-curricula activities
To be the preferred secondary school for parents who desire high quality education and enhanced skills development for their children.
To provide an enabling environment for academic achievement,skills acquisition and character development.
Knowledge. Character. Truth
The above qualities appear as our motto and form the cornerstone of our ethos and values, which we encourage the students to imbibe on a daily basis.
At James Hope College, we value
- the pursuit of the values of truth and justice
- close cooperation between parents, students and staff
- enthusiasm, endeavour and self-discipline in all that we do
- academic rigour at all levels of activity
- a commitment to strive for self improvement
- curiosity, critical awareness and responsibility
- fairness, trust and confidence in our dealings with one another
- initiative, creativity and tenacity in the search for personal growth
- qualities of loyalty, leadership and supportiveness
- tolerance and respect for others.
At the onset, the curriculum at James Hope College will emphasise the import of acquiring and using ICT and entrepreneurial knowledge and skills in the 21st century.
In a short while, we will also strive to acquire specialist status in Science and in Sports. In essence, this means that in addition to our regular Science and PE lessons, extra funds will be directed to these areas so that students can be provided the opportunity to engage in additional programmes and competitions in these areas.
In the area of Sports, we will be drawing on the rich tradition of sporting excellence set by the youth of Delta State – the reigning National Sports champion and runners up in the National School Sports competition.