“The curriculum is broad and suitably balanced within the rigours of the Nigerian/British dual approach”– BSO report, 2018
Job Advertisement – SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS
James Hope College (JHC) is a private, world class residential co-educational secondary school located in the
tranquil area of Lekki, Lagos State, which offers a Nigerian/British curriculum. We require a suitably qualified
and experienced professional for the position of School Bus Driver.
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of WAEC certificate, excellent communication skills, a valid Drivers License, must have a prior experience of driving a Toyota Coaster bus plus Hiace Minibus spanning not less
than 5 years (any experience in a school environment will be an added advantage), a safe driving record and not criminal history.
In this position, the driver collects and drops off children along predetermined routes and maintain a safe and
friendly atmosphere for all riders in your care. Our ideal candidate should have patience and a calm demeanor
when transporting school children or when on other driving duties.
• Pick up and drop off students along predetermined routes.
• Practice safe and defensive driving skills in potentially inclement weather
• Perform basic vehicle checks and maintenance.
• Monitor student behaviour on the bus and report unsafe or abusive behaviour to school
• Being attentive to traffic and weather conditions and ensuring passenger safety.
• Other duties assigned by the Line Manager.
If you possess the above qualities and experience, then send us the following:
1. A current Curriculum Vitae (not more than 2 pages).
2. Copy of educational qualifications (certificates). The originals will be required for sighting during the
3. A cover letter justifying why you should be the successful candidate (not more than one page).
4. Contact details of three reference (one must be from your most recent employer).
Please send your application not later than Friday 09
th June 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Kindly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject of your email. The successful candidate is
expected to start as soon as possible
Please be aware that James Hope College is not in affiliation with any organisation in providing entrance examinations, including pre-tests, for admission to the College.
Anyone patronising one is doing so at his or her own risk.
To make payment, fill in the unique JHC ID of the student (of whom payment is to be made on his/her behalf).