Dear Parents and Friends,
It is said that ‘great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness’. How true this is when we reflect on the recently announced British Council Outstanding Cambridge Learner Awards where some of our students achieved world beating performances. This would not have been possible without the sacrifices of many – the students, parents, teachers, our founders and many more. The reality is that all our students are capable of these types of feats but the difference is perseverance, tenacity and sacrifice. In view of this, I am encouraging each student to ponder about ways how to become a better scholar, and remember your parents and teachers are here to fully support you.
As we are still waiting on the guidelines from the respective authorities regarding the sitting of external examinations which would affect the Year 9, 11 and 12 students, the JHC management will implement the following:
- Examination preparation will continue for all Year 9, 11 and 12 students until we have crystal clear clarity from the educational authorities.
- Should we be directed that these students must return for examinations, then we will act accordingly. However, should the Year 11 students be excluded from this resumption, then we will seriously consider to let the Year 11 students sit their IGCSE examinations in May 2021, instead of the usual October sitting.
- The Year 7, 8 and 10 students will continue with digital learning until this Friday, 24th of July 2020. They will have the privilege of a break from teaching & learning for a few weeks.
However, they are encouraged to study and complete any outstanding assignments during this time. But also as per expectation and practice, to read an appropriate novel or two.
- The College resumption for the new academic year will be announced once we have the information available from the authorities. There is a strong possibility that this may not happen at the usual start of September but later.
- To our new Year 7 students, we will communicate accordingly and hope to see you at JHC when we resume for the new academic year.
In conclusion, ‘We all have ability. The difference is how we use it.’
Stay safe and be happy until we meet again.
Abraham P. Swart Principal
JHC Uniform Price Adjustments
Please visit Here for the latest prices.
EXTREMLY IMPORTANT: Please do not let your child or children return to College if they have any flu-like symptoms, this includes coughing, fever, shortness of breath, fatigue, headaches, pains, etc. They are to be cleared by a medical doctor before returning to College.
Furthermore, please ensure that your child has at least 2 face masks when College resumes as well as a small bottle of hand sanitiser for personal use.
For more information or clarification on any matter, please feel free to contact me at, 0708 396 4440 or email@example.com