Dear Parents and Friends,
I trust that all is well, and we had a smooth start to term three thus far. A BIG THANK YOU to all our parents in ensuring that all returning students have negative PCR tests. I guess that we are all looking forward to the day when this is no longer required, but for now it is a necessary requirement.
Our Year 9 students have completed the Cambridge Check Point assessments and it is expected that they will do well, and with bated breath waiting for the BECE exams. For our Year 12 students the IGCSE examinations will start soon and regarding the WAEC examinations there is a possible delay till August 2021. However, we will share the official update when available.
Please find attached a copy of the revised academic calendar for this academic year. To note,
- No half-term break in term 3 – Years 9 & 12 engaged in examinations, and as a covid-19 prevention strategy, it is better to have all students on campus, instead of sending them home for a few days and risk contracting the corona virus.
- WAEC examinations for Year 12 students – if the exams are deferred then the students will continue after IGCSE exams with WAEC exam preparations until end of term 3. Once we have the revised exam dates then it will be shared with a resumption date.
- Proposed dates for the Year 12 Graduation, 26 June 2021 (if WAEC exams hold) and the JHC Annual Prize Giving, 1st July 2021. For a certainty these will be virtual events of some sort, but we will share more information later.
- JHC end of Academic year, 1 July 2021 – this is a week earlier because of the sacrifice of the half-term break. Parents will be able to collect their children after 12 pm on the 1st of July and all students will vacate on Friday, 2nd of July 2021.
- School resumption for the new Year 12’s to be Sunday, 29th August 2021 to facilitate IGCSE exam preparations. New Year 7 orientation on Sunday, 5th September 2021 and the rest of the College on Monday, 6th of September 2021.
Be safe until we meet again.
Abraham. P. Swart
JHC ACADEMIC CALENDAR REVISED:
A revised academic calendar has been attached
The registration for the external examinations BECE, Check Point, IGCSE and WAEC has now been completed and parents who have not yet paid these invoices are encouraged to pay these without delay.
Here follows the travel information for the Air Peace bookings (www.flyairpeace.com):
|Departure: 2nd July, 2021||TBC||TBC|
|Return: To Be Confirmed||TBC||TBC|
|14th April 2021||Start of Term 3|
|26th June 2021||Year 12 Graduation (TBC)|
|1st July 2021||Annual Prize Giving & End of Academic Year|
|29th August 2021||New Year 12’s return to College|
|5th September 2021||Orientation for new Year 7’s|
|6th September 2021||School resumption for ALL other Students|
For more information or clarification on any matter, please feel free to contact me at, 0708 396 4440 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly download the Newsletter here