Dear Parents and Friends,
I am happy to report that all is well as we are underway with the second half of term two after an unintended extra week of holiday due to unforeseen circumstances.
In view of the aforesaid, it has become necessary to adjust the JHC Academic calendar in order to make up for teaching, learning and examination preparations. I have attached the revised calendar for your perusal to plan accordingly. In essence,
1. JHC will break for Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 on Friday, 12th April 2019 and resume on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
2. Years 11 and 12 will continue for another week and will have a short break for Easter from Thursday, 18th April – Wednesday, 24th April 2019 – this is to allow them to spend Easter with their families. However, as the official WAEC timetable has not yet been released, it is possible that the Year 12’s might need to return before the 24th of April if there is a WAEC examination on Tuesday, 23rd or Wednesday, 24th of April. Once we have more details then we will communicate accordingly.
3. The JHC Annual Sports day will be deferred until next academic year.
4. The Year 12 Graduation ceremony will be held on Saturday, 29th June 2019.
5. The current Year 11’s will return to College two weeks (Sunday, 25th August 2019) before the start of the new academic year for final IGCSE examination preparations.
In conclusion, ‘Infuse your life with action. Don’t wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honour your Creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen… yourself, right now, right down here on Earth’. Here is wishing you a wonderful day until we meet again.
Abraham P. Swart